Animal cases often have jury appeal. The injuries are usually easy to prove, and pre-existing conditions are not a factor.
When evaluating your case, answers to these questions will be important:
1. Breed. Was the attack by a dangerous breed of dog like Rottweiler, German Shepherd,Doberman or Pit Bull?
2. Witnesses. Who saw the attack? What do they say?
3. Photos. Do you have good photos of the injuries taken close in time to the attack? If not, is there still time to take them, or have the injuries healed?
4. Actions of defendant. Did the animal owner apologize and cooperate? Or did he or she get defensive and blame your for the attack?
5. Provocation. Did you do anything to provoke the dog?